This collection consists of documents created and used by the Board of Trustees of Bennington College during the course of activities relating to the administration of the college. The collection of Board of Trustees records in the archives has been sporadic, and the collection of records contains a number of gaps. The original order and provenance of a significant amount of materials in the collection has been lost.
The Bennington College Corporation was established and certified on April 21, 1925. The first members of the Board of Trustees were Mrs. Hall Park McCullough (President of the Bennington College Corporation and Chair of the Board of Trustees), Mrs. James Colby Colgate (Treasurer), Dr. Vincent Ravi Booth (Secretary), Judge O.M. Barber, Mrs. George Franklin, Mr. Charles H. Hall, Judge Robert E. Healy, Judge E.H. Holden, Mr. Morton D. Hull, Mr. Edmund N. Huyck, Dr. William Kilpatrick, Mr. Hall Park McCullough, Mr. Wilson M. Powell, Dr. Lucretius Ross, and Mrs. Joseph R. Swan.